First, let me start with yesterday morning. I woke up to Grace scratching on my side of the bed. Since we got our new bed, she can't get up in it because it's so high. Well, she can get up, but she has to grab ahold of the sheets to hoist herself up and she can't do that when Jasen and I are both in bed. Anyway, so there she was, scratching on the side. She said "I can't get my hopscotch together." I thought she was sleepwalking and talking. I looked at the clock: 7:25. That can't be, I thought. That's almost an hour later than the time Grace usually comes in.
"I need help with my hopscotch," Grace said again. I asked her what she was talking about. She said she was putting her Princess indoor hopscotch together and couldn't get it to fit. That's when I realized her bedroom light was on, too. I asked her what she was doing. She said she was playing in her room because "you needed some extra sleep." OH, THE JOY!!! I have no idea how long she'd been awake, but I suspect it had been at least thirty minutes. Anyway, I was thrilled at her thoughtfulness and so pleased with the extra sleep, no matter how long it was. Davis was playing quietly in his crib when I went in to check on him.
And this morning, she and Davis slept in again. Until almost 7:30. It's fabulous!
Yesterday, Jasen was off work, so after I went and had my blood drawn, we went out for a late breakfast. It was great and the kids acted great. It's so nice now that Davis can sit up in a highchair and I can give him a piece of toast to gnaw on. After lunch, Jasen left for Promise Keepers. I am anxious to hear about how it was. He'll be home late tonight, because they were staying to watch a Royals game. I hear the tickets are pretty cheap; they should be since the Royals stink!
The kids didn't want to nap for me yesterday so they had an early bedtime last night. Grace was pretty sweet last night, too, for not having had a nap. I wonder if it's almost time to give those up. I thought we'd try not taking one today, but she threw the worst tantrum this afternoon. Julie and Jackson were here and I was so embarrassed. It was one of those where she was crying, slobbering, snotting, all over the place. I can't even tell you what set her off. Thank goodness, she was in her room, so Julie didn't see the worst of it. So, Grace had to have a nap after that spectacle!
No comments:
Post a Comment