Monday, August 14, 2006

Big Weather Changes

We had some really bad storms last night. Jasen and I aren't quite sure when they came through because there were a couple of really, really loud claps of thunder and then the electricity went off. We think they hit between two and four this morning. Truly, it was the loudest thunder I had ever experienced. It felt like the lightning was hitting in our backyard. Maybe it was!

The strangest thing about the storms? Grace and Davis slept right through them! The best thing about the storms? The temperature here is at least 15 degrees cooler. It's muggy out, but we'll take that over debilitating heat anyday!

Grace has been playing in her Cowboys cheerleader outfit. It's a hand-me-down from Natalie Christensen. Today, she was cheering for the Dallas Cowgirls! I wonder if I can let T.O. know?

Jasen's brigade commander told him last week he should go to Air Assault school. It's been weighing heavily on Jasen's mind. Today, Jasen was able to talk to his battalion commander who said he didn't think it was a priority right now. Jasen was so relieved! Oh, and Jasen found out last week that Brian McCall will take the battery when Jasen changes command. Some of you will remember him and his wife, Amber, from Germany. Jasen thinks he is definitely the right fit for Alpha. I think Jasen's just excited to hand command to a guy he trusts to take care of the Aces.

Davis' top two teeth are now poking through. It's about time! He was all smiley today. He has the shiniest eyes in the world. Oh, and we finally got some decoration up in his room. I bought a nude shelf, stained it and Jasen hung it yesterday. It looks good with the few things I have to put on it.

After the kids get up, we'll go for a walk with the neighbors. I don't want to, but know it's a necessary evil. More than anything, I want my kids to see the example of an exercising mom. Grace loves to run right now and I want her to continue that. Goodness knows the "love of running" gene flew right past me!!

No comments: