Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Well, today is Jasen's 34th birthday. I can't believe and neither can he. I gave him his birthday present almost two months ago: a rack for his military coins. He's been wanting one for awhile so I went ahead and bought it. Of course, when we received it, he said he wanted it to be his birthday present. That made it easy for me! Tonight, we'll have his favorite meal: chicken enchiladas with all the Mexican side dishes and apple pie for dessert. We'll all be full, no doubt!

Jasen had a great time at Promise Keepers. I think he goes less for the speakers than for the camaraderie with the men from our church. But God really spoke to him about some things this weekend and that was good. One of the speakers (I think his name is Joe White) was a former assistant coach at A&M. That was awesome for Jasen and our friend, Jack.

Grace is presently upstairs in my room, resting, instead of taking a nap. She was awake in her room until 10 p.m. last night and had real trouble sleeping. I think it's because she had a long nap. We'll see what her demeanor is like this evening. Naps might be going by the wayside.

Davis has started clapping his hands together. It's precious. We all say "Yea Davis!" when he does it and he looks both pleased and confused. He's such a sweetheart.


I got some good news today. My cholesterol was just fine, with only my good cholesterol slightly elevated and my thyroid is functioning just fine.

No comments: