Thursday, August 24, 2006

Nothing exciting

Nothing new going on around here. Davis is still clapping, and loves for us to say "Yea Davis!" so he can clap some more. It is precious. Last night, before I took him up for his bath, Jasen and Grace were waving bye-bye to him and we think he was trying to wave back. You know how it is at this stage: you think it might be an intentional motion, but it could just be a reflex!

We've been walking this week. On days that we walk, the day goes by really fast. Usually, we leave with Julie and Jackson around 8, then get back by 9:30. Our new next door neighbor, Tara, and her three year old, Marisa, are usually outside when we get home, so we have a little playtime. Then I try to squeeze in a bath before lunch. It makes for a busy day, but I know exercise is important. It's been hot here and I am ready for school to start; pushing Grace's 40+ pounds, along with Davis' 20 lbs., is really, really wearing me out.

Speaking of school, we took a picture of Grace by yesterday for Mrs. Peggy to put up on her "Welcome to School" bulletin board. We are all ready for school!! Hard to believe next year, Grace will start kindergarten.

Jasen's grandparents are going to come up for a visit tomorrow. I think they'll just be here overnight, but we are excited for them to come. They won't recognize Davis. Today, he and Grace were "playing" (re: he was watching her from his exer-saucer, while she was acting goofy for him) and he just laughed and laughed. Grace has been the best entertainment for him.

Oh, and the PWOC Fall Kickoff was on Tuesday night. I am so excited to get back to that exciting and worthwhile organization. I need some Christian women in my life, whom I can share with. I have missed it this past year and cannot wait for our studies to begin. I will be doing the Proverbs study. I am really tired of the "feel good" studies most people favor and need some real meat to chew on.

No comments: