Last night, while watching "Project Runway" and cleaning the bathrooms, I got a call from Jasen. His unit had met their field requirements early and he would be home a day early. So he got home last night instead of tonight. It was a nice surprise. Despite having clean bathrooms, the rest of the house was a wreck. I had hoped to get everything done before Jasen got home from the field, but his early return made for a sloppy house. Oh well! He said he didn't care and I think that was true!
We finally heard from Grace's school about when she'll be starting. She'll begin on September 6th. She is so excited. We have an open house to go to before school starts. It will be exciting to see who is in her class. I don't know how many, if any, will be in her class from last year.
Davis has been very happy lately. And he's just so content. I would love to meet a better baby, but have serious doubts about whether one exists.
I am on a fast right now; I am having my cholesterol and thyroid tested tomorrow. I am anxious about the tests, but have needed to have them done for awhile. Of course, I am hungry for some dessert!
Tomorrow, Jasen has the whole day off, as a result of his battery's discipline award. He's going to Promise Keepers with a group from our church tomorrow afternoon. Our friend, Jack is going, too, so Julie and I will get together for dinner tomorrow night with the kids. Their son, Jackson, is all boy! Very mobile, too. Davis just sits and watches and Grace tries to corral him. It should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment