Friday, August 11, 2006

Married to the Man!

I have to brag on Jasen for a minute. He had his evaluation yesterday with the colonel who is the brigade commander. He his Jasen's senior rater, while Jasen's battalion commander (a lieutenant colonel), is Jasen's primary rater. Anyway, LTC Gadson was very, very complimentary to Jasen. Even said Jasen would make a "stellar battalion commander" one day. COL Gibbs (who chose Jasen for the HHC command) commented that Jasen is one of the top three battery/company commanders in the entire brigade. That's about 30 guys! Jasen is really in his element right now.

They both stated Jasen "must" be promoted "below the zone" (that means early for all of you civilians) to Major. Too bad Jasen's chance for that has already come and gone. That's the one drawback about him taking command so late as a captain. But he'd probably never have gotten the chance for two commands. Six one way, half a dozen another.

Today, Jasen is off so we are going to Topeka. We'll do some back to school shopping for Grace and take her for a fun time at that hotbed of fun, Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, are finally giving in. It's pretty sad when your child says Chuck E.'s is her favorite restaurant and she's never even been there. This will be a special treat for her. And we'll be sure she knows it's a once every blue moon treat.

Davis is all over his bed these days. This morning, he was on his tummy. It looks like he might end up being a tummy sleeper, like Grace was. Oh, and I know this is probably not cool for me to tell this, but he has found his extra parts. He is forever grabbing and pulling on them when I change his diaper. It's a little distressing to me, because he's so forceful with himself, but I am hopeful if it starts to hurt, he'll stop!

This morning, two of my neighbors and I walked without our kids. And we did a little interval training. We walked the downhills and ran the uphills. Not fun, but I feel so good for having done it. I despise running, but both of my neighbors are working up to it, so I guess I will, too. Wish I ran prettier! It's a lot easier to run when you aren't pushing almost 60 extra pounds. Oh, and we're walking the perimeter of the golf course. From our house, it's just over 4 miles.

Well, we're off to Topeka. Hope this bold font is a little easier to read.

No comments: