We've had a good weekend. It was pretty relaxing, actually. Today should have been really busy, but we "gave ourselves permission" to take some time to ourselves. We went to church this morning, but were supposed to stay for a newcomer's lunch (to welcome recent visitors to our church) then go back to church for dinner with our small group. I think I've just reached my maximum as far as being gone from home, even if it's just a drive to our church building! So we stayed home after church today and it was refreshing.
Jasen and I worked on a budget this afternoon. For the first time in our marriage (and in my life!), we will be spending money according to how we have budgeted it. Jasen is so excited he's been smiling all evening! He's wanted to do this for awhile and I've seen the real need for it, too. I am anxious to see how this first month goes.
On the way home from church, Grace said "What a fascinating trip!" That kid! She just kills me sometimes! I wonder where she gets that stuff. Her latest favorite phrase is "Speaking of...." I think it's because she heard me tell Amy about one time when she said it and we laughed. So now she knows she can get a laugh out of it. We're all anxious to hear about when she'll start school. She'll have an open house at the end of August before school starts after Labor Day.
Davis continues to be a bright spot in all of our worlds. He and Grace just delight in each other. She'll get right in his face, which should annoy him, but he just laps up the attention. And if she lets him pull that hair, he just chuckles. He's very ticklish under the arms, so that is a fun game of mine! His top two teeth are expected any day now; they are just painful lumps on his gums. He keeps that top lip tucked in most of the time. Oh, and he won't eat his green peas unless they are masked by something else.
Tomorrow is a bake sale with Jasen's battalion. Grace is going over the neighbor's house to play and I'll take Davis with me. I finally get the see the red carpet they put into his office. I don't know the last time I was up at Jasen's office. I think it was sometime in March??
Yesterday, my friend, Julie and I went to Aggieville in Manhattan for a little mommy time. Many of you have heard me talk about her, her husband, Jack, and their son, Jackson. We were in Germany together and they are at Fort Riley now. Jack is a JAG officer (lawyer) who went to A&M and law school at Tech. Julie is from Lubbock and went to Tech. Oh yes, we were fast friends with them! We are so glad they are here!
No comments:
Post a Comment