We are enjoying a beautiful day up here in Kansas. Bright blue skies and temperatures in the 70s. It doesn't get much better than that!
We have a date for the first of Jasen's two changes of command. He'll give up command of Alpha Battery on November 17th. We still aren't sure about the second one. More than likely, it will not be on December 1st, which is what Jasen thought originally. I'll keep you posted.
And while I am on the whole calendar topic, I just wanted to let those of you who care know that we won't be coming to Texas for Thanksgiving. We'll stay here for Christmas day, too, but we'll come to Texas a couple of days after Christmas to stay for a week or so. A lot will depend on Jasen's work and our pocketbook. We just can't afford to come home twice and pay for the change of command reception we are responsible for. Ugh!
Grace's school Open House is today. We are all so excited! I even dreamed last night about who would be in her class. That will be the most exciting part of the Open House, seeing who will be in her class. School will start one week from today. Yippee!
Davis has two more teeth! I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but he now has six teeth. As a result, I am considering weaning him to the bottle. No wonder he's been fussy lately. The boy was essentially cutting four teeth at once. All the top ones. Thank goodness that is over!
This weekend, we're going to the Eisenhower Library and Museum with the Roberts. Then Saturday, we plan on watching some college ball. I sure wish the A&M game was on; we have a neighbor who went to the Citadel, so we could have fun watching together. More than anything, I wish I could be there to go to the game! I guess the rest of my family will be there.... Another UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment