There isn't a lot to report today, but I know how some people like seeing something from us everyday. The bake sale for Jasen's unit went GREAT! We had so many donations of baked goods from the wives. We made enough money for each battery/company in Jasen's battalion (there are four) got over $140! That is just fabulous. For me, it was uplifting and a real reminder of who the average soldier is. So many privates are just babies, and if they aren't that young, they have a family at home that they are working hard for. Sometimes, even I forget who the GI Joes are who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. It's good to be reminded.
Davis wore his "crossed cannons", which is the insignia of the field artillery, onesie to the bake sale. He got some compliments on it. Jasen's battalion commander asked if Davis would be required to be a redleg when he joined the army. I nearly cried; the idea of my baby boy being a soldier is too much for this mom to handle. But I guess if he's going to do it, I will support him. I know all too well that there is no stopping your kids from doing something they really want to do. You can reason, cry, plead, etc. and if they want to do it, they are going to! Don't ask how I know!
That's about it from here. It's hot and only going to get hotter in Kansas. I thought I'd get a little break from the heat up here, but it's been hotter than Texas. UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment