It has been downright cold here in the Lowcountry! Last night and night before last, the lows were in the 30s. From what I hear, that's not normal temperatures until January and even then, they only happen for a week or so. I, for one, have been pleased with the change. I love it when the weather turns chilly. I assumed that wouldn't happen here until December. But we had a taste of fall in October and I am glad!
We received a holiday box from Grandmama last night and it set off a flurry of excitment around here! We have all the window clings up. Jasen and the kids carved our pumpkin last night and did a fabulous job. I tried Davis' monkey costume on yesterday and it was too short. So we went back to Target to find another one. There weren't any bigger ones so we traded it for a pony/cowboy combo outfit. It's gonna be cute! And I got gloves to glue fake fingernails on for Grace's paws. Fun times!
We're also gonna be busy getting the house ready for Granny and Papaw's arrival. They'll be here sometime early Friday afternoon and we are excited! Jasen has a four day weekend, with next Monday and Tuesday off, so he'll be able to do a lot with all of us. Yea!
Today at Drayton Hall, they'll be having a mock presidential election. I asked Grace who she was gonna vote for. I won't tell you who she said, but she had valid reasons for how she was going to vote. I'll let her decide if she tells anyone else who she voted for!
Speaking of voting, I've had my ballot for well over three weeks and I am still praying over it. Jasen reminded me the other day that God is not likely to write someone's name in the sky to tell me who to vote for. I think I'll fill it out today.
Grace got her first report card yesterday and Mrs. Branch said some wonderful things about our girl! Her lowest grade was in writing; her handwriting is not very neat. I would be mad but I know she got that from me. I had horrible handwriting until I was, oh, 20 or so. Anyway, we're working extra on it and I think Mrs. Branch was generous with her grade of 90. I've told Grace there is no reason why she shouldn't be a straight A student and that we expect that of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment