Thursday, October 02, 2008

Throw Mama!

Our darling girl, Grace, threw her mama under the bus this week. Let me set the stage for you: in honor of Johnny Appleseed, Mrs. Branch's first grade class was going to have an apple tasting. Mrs. Branch was asking parents to bring different kids of apples, caramel apple dip, applesauce, etc. Yours truly was assigned "yellow" a.k.a Golden Delicious apples. Well, that wasn't good enough for Grace.

Evidently, she told Mrs. Branch that her mommy made THE BEST apple pie. Now, I wouldn't say it's the best, but I will say that it's pretty good. Of course, it's my sister, Amy's recipe and she makes it better. But I thought, okay, I'll make the pie. Since I was making a pie for Grace's class, I had to make one for Jasen, too, because he loves apple pie.

Making this apple pie requires a lot of peeled and cored apple slices, along with two pie crusts. Also, this week was very busy so I was thinking all along "I wish I could have just taken a bag of apples!!" In fact, I told Grace next time Mrs. Branch wanted me to bring something easy, just let me bring the "easy" thing instead of making a pie! As Jasen was almost done peeling and coring the 10 apples, Grace pipes up with "Mom, Mrs. Branch said if you didn't want to make pie, you could just bring Granny Smith apples." NOW, you tell us?? That girl!

When she got home that day, I asked her how the pie was. She said it was good, but it was not her favorite. Her favorite was the store-bought caramel apple dip! ugh! And the apple pie was not even her class' favorite! double ugh! See if I make another apple pie again!

No comments: