Monday, October 27, 2008

Renewal ceremony -- part 4



Okay, this is the last post on the whole renewal thing. I didn't mean to drag it out like this, but I didn't want one, huge, long post with tons of pictures. I hope this whole thing isn't totally annoying! I know there are people out there rolling their eyes (Mom! Stop it, I see! You, too, Emily!!), but hey, it was a special day!

So, after the sand ceremony and prayer, we finally got to kiss!!


Then, Jasen had a surprise for me. Well, it wasn't really a surprise because I knew it was coming at some point, but I wasn't sure when. Larry brought out the CD player and we danced in the sand to Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic." I can't explain what it is about that song, but Jasen and I love it and love to sing it to each other. It was a precious moment, holding and swaying with my man, with our feet in the sand and Van playing just for us.



After that, the official portion of the evening was over. We did some couple pictures then family ones. Then our evening ended with this one! Yes, we were forced to do this, but isn't it funny?


We packed the kids back up into the car with our sitter/neighbor, Sarah, and they headed home to bed. Then the adults went back to the hotel for some snacks (we hadn't eaten since lunch and it was almost 7:30 by this time) and to eat at the Boathouse on the Isle of Palms. Larry and Renee then went back to our house to keep the kids for us. We went back to the cheesy motel on the beach.

A final, funny thing, I had forgotten my glasses and my saline, so after I took my contacts out, we put them in tap water and hoped for the best. When Jasen went to the bathroom the next morning, he asked if my contacts were normally yellow. Yikes! No, they are not! So Jasen had to drive home but that was okay because I was blind and couldn't see! Too funny!

2 comments:

MaiSie53 said...

You two look beautiful/handsome. I am expecting pictures!!!!
Love,
MOM

timsarmywifey said...

Very cool... I love the sunset picture at the top!