We've been enjoying this assignment so much and today was an exceptional day. Jasen had the day off (it's mid-terms at The Citadel and they didn't have the four-day for Columbus Day) so we were able to spend some time together in different ways. Jasen had his normal prayer breakfast with the men from Crosstowne. I think he's really enjoying it; hey, it's an excuse to have Panera once a week!
I took Grace to school, then Jasen made it home to take Davis to school while I went on a walk. Then we got ready and headed to Grace's school. It just so happened that it was "Eat at school day" and all the parents were invited to eat with their kids. Grace was blessed with both parents in attendance. We ate tomato soup, grilled cheese, and grapes at 11 a.m.!! We were able to enjoy tea instead of milk from a carton!
After that, we headed to pick up Davis at school. He ran out to meet his daddy, of course. Mrs. Lester said he was an excellent listener today, which made me wonder if he's not usually! We came home and made Davis lunch. Then put him down for his nap.
When it was time to go get Grace, we picked her up then went on a family outing. Oh, it wasn't that special, but we've rarely had a chance to do these kinds of things! Anyway, Grace and Davis have school pictures at the end of this week and they both needed a haircut. So we took them to have that done. They were both so funny getting it done! Grace wanted her hair washed before she got it cut; usually we just have them spray it down, but not this time!
I told Doris, the lady doing Davis' hair, that I wanted it cleaned up around the ears, but left longer on top, NOT a high and tight. Well, Doris decided she wanted it done her way. Davis pretty much has a high and tight. UGH! Oh well, at least it isn't that straight-across the forehead cut he got last time! She did spike it up in the front, so that's pretty cute.
They both look better with their new styles!
Then we went for a little ice cream treat and to the grocery store. Jasen got to push the kids in one of those big car carts. He said it was like trying to steer a battleship through the aisles. Amen, brother! When we were heading home, Jasen said, "What is it about the grocery store that makes kids go out of control?" Isn't that a question for the ages?
When we got home, Mom-of-the-Year, Sara, made Hamburger Helper (at least it was with ground turkey!), a fruit salad, and some steamed broccoli. I figured after the ice cream and lollipop from the haircut, neither of the kids would eat much. Well, Davis is trying to eat us out of house and home, although not usually via his dinner. Tonight, though, he asked for "More weggies." Wow, that's crazy!
Then, Davis treated us to a concert. First up, some little black cat song from school. Do I know the song? No. Does Davis know anymore than those three words? No. But we do know it's about a little black cat and it's musical! I asked him if he could sing anything else. He started with his ABCs. He did pretty well. Then he sang "Jesus Loves Me." Oh, is there anything more precious? I think not! He can also sing parts of "The B-I-B-L-E." What precious memories.
So off after bath, Davis went off to bed. Then it was Grace's turn to shine. She's learning so many Bible verses at Awana. She knows John 3:16 and Proverbs 3:5-6 from JCNaz, our church in Kansas. Then at Awana, she's learned four more verses, which spell are beginning to spell out SPARKS. S=Savior (1John 4:14), P=Power (Psalm147:5), A=According to the Scriptures (1Corinthians15:3), and now R=Raised from the dead (1Cor15:4). So in the next few weeks, we'll learn more!
Now, Jasen and I are chilling on the couch. We're watching the "Dancing with the Stars" and I am pleased to tell you (or embarrassed!) that we are watching for Jasen!! hahaha!
Today has been a really great day. Jasen has the day off again on Friday. Yea!!
I am feeling better about the marriage I asked you all to pray about. Nothing has changed that we know of, but Jasen and I have just continued to pray and give it up to God. It's such a relief to know He's in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment