Monday, October 20, 2008

Truffles from God

My friend, Julie, whom I haven't talked to in too long, once called me a "truffle from God." I was that annoying friend that, when she moved to Germany, would not let her fall through the cracks. You can imagine my joy when she told me I was a gift from God to her. This past week, I have some amazing truffles from God. Let me share just a few of them:

  • Our friends' marriage although far from perfect and still with a lot of work to do, is showing signs of hope. Praise God! My friend's faith is strong and she has said that all the prayers are working. Keep praying, but with God, there is always hope. Always.
  • This weekend, I was blessed with a 28 hour trip to see my friend, Renee. It was too fast and involved two, four hour drives, but who cares?? They are getting ready to leave for Germany so a girl's weekend (or day) was in order. While Larry took their kids to camp and I left mine at home with my precious hubby, Renee and I drank coffee, watched movies, scrapbooked/photo albumed (is that word?), drank wine, ate Chinese, and just loved being together. Oh what a gift these few months of close living have been for us.
  • Our friends Brian and Amber discovered they will welcome baby #2 in June. For those of you who know them, you know what a joy this is!! The Grahams are praising God and Grace is praying for a girl. The rest of us are praying for a easy pregnancy, delivery, and adjustment after she (ha!) arrives.
  • My friend, Jennifer is coming to see us! Just she and baby Tripp will make the trip the first full weekend in November. Can you see me smiling from ear to ear??
  • Jasen's grandparents will be here for Halloween. The kids are counting on Osso to come, too. Can you see Grace and Davis smiling from ear to ear??
  • I've been having a lot of communication with friends recently. From Renee in NC, to Sarah in Germany, to my mom, dad, and sisters, I've talked to almost everyone recently and it just warms my heart. I have been blessed with so many precious people in my life!
  • I had eight hours alone in the car to blast my favorite music. Does music overwhelm anyone else?? There are some CDs that when I listen to them, I am taken back to a different place in time. I love it!
  • On my way home yesterday, I called to talk to Jasen and the kids. He told me that Grace cried herself to sleep on Saturday night when I was gone. Now, I don't want my girl to be sad, but it does warm a mama's heart to know her "I'm independent" child still needs her. When I told Grace that I appreciated her missing me and that I sometimes wondered if she did, she said "Oh Mama. Don't be silly!" Ahh. To hears those words!
  • I got home to an almost rock-free flower bed. My husband is GREAT!!! I had been dreading doing it in the big flower bed because when I cleaned out the rocks from the little one, I nearly died and had two big blisters on my hands. Imagine my joy that I don't have to now! I just have to do a little clean-up from his leftovers and I am done! Thank you, Jasen!
Yep, God's been good and continues to show me more love than I deserve. Now, there have been some cruddy things, too. Davis is fighting a virus that has given him tummy troubles and spots on his face; Grace woke up with a sore throat this morning; Cleve Cole, the husband of a friend of my mom's, died; I have a crazy busy week and Jasen will be gone this weekend. But for now, I am going to focus on these delish truffles God sent my way. I just can't decide what flavor to name them all!

1 comment:

The Ewings said...

I love reading your blogs. they are soo special! Love you, Mary