A little background on this story: some of you know that in our house, we are different than most of our friends/family. One specific ways is our spending habits. Jasen is the frugal one, I am the spender. Since we moved to SC, Jasen took over the bill-paying with much happiness on my part. It was just too much while he was gone, having all the responsibilities, so I was more than happy to give that one up.
The other day, I asked Jasen if he wanted me to get an envelope ready for him to mail our rent check. He thought for a moment, then said, "No, let's save the stamp and hand-deliver it." Knowing I would be the one to deliver it and thinking a 43 cent stamp wasn't much, I reminded him that it was at least 10 miles to the property manager's office in North Charleston. He still wanted me to take it instead of mailing it so I just shut my mouth and told him to remind me.
So this morning, after a KILLER workout with my trainer (truly, he was trying to hurt me today), the kids and I headed up to North Charleston. I was just visiting with Jasen on the phone about said workout when I could tell something happened to my tire. It started a thudding sound and then the warning light came on. Uh-oh, not good. I pulled over to look and sure enough, it was going flat. By the time I got to Pep Boys about a block up, the thing was hissing, flatter than a pancake and I saw a huge piece of metal in it. No saving that one.
A new tire, a three inch long piece of metal, and 133 dollars later, we were finally back on our way to pay our rent. A 43 cent stamp will be used next month. Funny how when you make up your mind not to nag, God will make your point for you!! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment