Last night, we were able to reconnect with some old friends of ours in this new place. Johnny and Barbara Chapman were members at Western Hills church of Christ in Lawton, OK, when we were there. They were good friends of ours, Johnny and Jasen went gun shopping, etc. They were the ones that got us hooked up with the Ambassador group (the senior citizens we kept out of trouble!) when the Chapmans left OK to come back to SC. They live only 20 minutes from us and, after six weeks of living in Charleston, we finally had dinner together. It was so nice to see them and for them to meet the kids. They left Lawton/Ft. Sill before I was pregnant with Grace, so we had quite a bit of catching up to do. They are the kind of people who will be our family here. God has blessed us with them, for sure!
This past week has been a week of catching up with old friends of ours. We saw the Pundts, I talked on the phone to Katie Kazor, Amber, and Jennifer. I've about decided that I have enough close friends to keep up with already and maybe God is calling me to sustain the friendships I already have. Some have been horribly neglected over the last few years and I am bound and determined not to do that again. Nevermind that I have three sisters I have to keep up with and it's quite enough.
Jasen begins school this week. I am so excited for him!! I want to go sit in on one of his classes. Oh to be a fly on the wall!
Davis will meet his teacher this week. He'll be going to a two-day a week preschool for three hours at a time. I am hoping his teacher will make him want to go to the potty. ha! Oh, and Davis can't presently say some of his "s" sounds. So spoon is "foon." And tonight, he wanted to get down and go look at the "fiders" which took me a minute!
Grace is looking forward to her second week of school. I am so glad we have a girl that loves school!
No comments:
Post a Comment