Our Charleston church search appears to be over now. We've decided to go with church #1, an interdenominational (no, I don't know the difference between that and a nondenominational) called CrossTowne Christian Church. It's the first church we tried and the closest to our house. Now, I say we decided to go there, but I really left the decision up to Jasen. I figured I would be or get comfortable wherever the Truth is taught. On Sunday, during the pastor's sermon at CrossTowne, Jasen looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "God's telling me this is it." Who could argue with that?
Not saying I would argue with that, but I am not as convinced, or should I say, convicted, about CrossTowne as Jasen. Now, I agree with what they teach (one triumvirate God, Jesus is the only way, Bible is infallible, etc.) and am very excited about their various offerings, including Awana for kids. There is one thing I will have to get comfortable with, though, and that's the praise and worship. It's just so, LOUD. I am definitely more contemporary-minded in my worship style, but CrossTowne is just so, loud. No other way to put it. But I am trusting God that He is speaking to Jasen and leading us here. And in order to be submissive and trusting of my husband, I am going with his leadership. Hey, there's a first time for everything!
1 comment:
Our church here is LOUD too! I was okay with it for the most part, but Brian didn't like it at all. So we went church shopping and ended up back at the LOUD church. After being there for several years I don't know what it will be like to go back to a quiet church. It will grow on you~I promise! Hang in there sistah soldier!
Post a Comment