Friday, August 22, 2008

A Good Week's End

The first week of school is finished for Grace. This morning, as I dropped her off for school, my mommy claws nearly came out. She was looking for someone to sit with in the lunchroom and found, Skyler, from her class. She said good morning to Skyler. That little twit completely ignored Grace and started talking with another girl sitting next to her in hushed tones. Oh, it made me so mad I was ready to clock that little girl. I made sure Grace was okay and left. How can a 1st grader already know to be mean? I could say some other, ugly things about this little girl, but I won't. I will say she's on my poop list.

Grace did have a good week. She really loves Mrs. Branch and she made a 100 on her very first reading vocabulary "test." Next week, she has her first spelling words to learn. I can't believe we'll have to be quizzing her on spelling! She had Tae Kwon Do last night and is still enjoying it.

Jasen's birthday was yesterday. He said he had a good day. We didn't do a whole lot, just went to get some barbecue and had cupcakes at home. I am so glad God gave me such a good man for a husband!

Davis is his same old crazy self. That boy is so entertaining. It's so fun to watch him when he doesn't know you are.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't get girls. Grace will be fine, maybe she didn't even notice the snub.

Unknown said...

I would take her OUT, no, but I'd want to! Why are girls so MEAN? I dread that stuff...