So, tomorrow is Grace's first day of school! Last Thursday, we went up to see who her teacher is going to be. She will have Mrs. Branch. Today, we'll go meet Mrs. Branch and take a look around her school. It's so exciting, but I will admit to some anxiety. I never had that "new kid" experience and I am trying to fight the concern I have about Grace being worried about that. But I know we have and are giving her a good foundation with which to deal with it. And I know that God is in control.
As most people are, I am left wondering what happened to our summer. We had a good one, but had very little downtime. Between the busy activities at the beginning of the summer, with the house-hunting and the events at the end of our time at Fort Riley, to the move in the middle of the summer, then the house setting up and a new place to live, we had very little time to relax. Now, we have the hurriedness of school starting. Where did it go??
We had visitors again this weekend. Our friends, the Pundts, came down with Larry's parents to go to a wedding at the chapel at The Citadel. They arrived on Saturday afternoon, dropped Ari and Ethan off at our house, then went to the wedding. Our kids and their kids played so well together. The girls got along really well and the boys did great, too. Yesterday, we got up and went to the Charleston Tea Plantation. We only stayed there about an hour, then went and had another fabulous meal at The Fat Hen. It was so good!
More pictures coming soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment