Monday, July 07, 2008

New Home, Old Friends







We received our stuff last Wednesday. Things went really well, unloading and unpacking, and we were thrilled to have our goods! Nothing was broken and we got to work feverishly because we were having company two days later. We got things pretty well organized and put away, to where the house was quasi-presentable. I will say this, only the best of friends would see my house the way it looked on Friday!

Thank goodness the Pundts are some of our best friends, because they arrived late afternoon on Friday. What a great joy to have them in our home! It had been almost three years since we had laid eyes on each other. When their car pulled in the drive, Renee jumped out of the car and I ran to her. What a hug! Renee has been and continues to be a huge influence on me and such a great friend. I love her dearly.

Oh, and she brought her family! ha! Grace and Ariana were friends in Bamberg and they hit it off without missing a beat. I think it helps that Renee and I are resolved that they will know each other as lifelong friends. Those are rare in this way of life. Our girls played together the whole time the Pundts were here and I can't think of one disagreement they had. The parents were also pleased to know that we are dealing with some of the same issues with our girls: drama, drama and more drama. It was a relief to know that other good parents were going through the same things!

Davis and their son, Ethan, also were so sweet together. Ethan is about 10 months older than Davis but just as sweet and they played together so well. Davis just followed Ethan around and if Ethan came to tell someone something, Davis had to do the same. Oh, and Ethan helped me make a breakthrough with Davis: he helped me convince Davis to sit on the potty by being an example that it's fun! Now, Davis is sitting on the potty twice a day! Woohoo!

Larry and Jasen were able to walk around The Citadel campus and do some fireworks here at the house. Nothing like grown-up boys acting like little ones! Larry just returned from his first deployment to Afghanistan. The Pundts were supposed to go to Fort Knox upon Larry's return, but to our joy, they are staying at Fort Bragg, less than four hours away. yea for us!

We had a great time, made it to the beach, did nothing else special, but really, really enjoyed our time and reconnection. Such special friends who are so close. I can't tell you what that means to us!

No comments: