Friday, July 18, 2008

Life as usual

I guess it's been a little bit since I last blogged. In fact, I can't remember what I last said. I'll try to remember and update what's been going on here.

  • Davis is "HUNG-EEEE" -- Davis is always hung-ee. I wish I had a nickel for every time he told me this during the day. I am doing my best to keep the snacks healthy. I offer him a lot of veggies, which he turns down, then offer him fruit, then tell him he'll get nothing else. By then, he usually agrees to some fruit. I want to know where he puts all this stuff he's eating, too. He's growing up, I guess.
  • Grace is DRAMA! Really, the girl has at least one ridiculous emotional breakdown every day. It usually involves making herself cry and then having trouble catching her breath. It's ultra annoying. I usually just send her to her room. Oh, and she's started saying things like "You don't really love me." WHAT??? Where do girls her age come up with stuff like that? Jasen and I are frustrated, but pushing through. She usually gets sent to her room, then gets a nice little sit-down talk about how much we do love her, after the storm has passed. When did she become a teenager?
  • Jasen is leaving! Can you believe he's going to Texas on Sunday? To Fort Worth! He had to take this one course before school starts and the one that had an open slot just happened to be there. I am ultra-jealous and can't believe that he's leaving his family here while he goes home! UGH! Oh, and he's mentioned good Mexican food too much, too.
  • Sara is working out again. Yep, even joined a gym. Just hoping to drop some pounds, rearrange some inches, you know, usual woman things. It's going well. I am in a great water aerobics/Pilates class. It's me and women much older, but I tell you what, if you really work at it, it is a GREAT workout! And no ankle pain, either!
So that's where we are. Life is just going along.

No comments: