Yea! Jasen made it home and I am one happy girl. I missed him dreadfully this past week and I missed ALL of him. From the help with the kids, to the friend part, every bit of Jasen was welcomed home yesterday. I don't know who was happiest for his return: Grace, who wrote him a special note to welcome him home; Davis who COULD not quit smiling; or me, who was just so darn happy I nearly cried.
Did you ever think you'd read stuff like this from a deployment-seasoned Army family after a one week separation from their soldier?
Jasen got in around 7 and then we went for a later than usual dinner at our closest Mexican food restaurant. Senor Tequila's is not Abuelos, but they had decent chips, hot sauce and guacamole, which hit the spot. Jasen and I both agreed we could eat there again! Yea!
Not much else to report. I am getting my hair trimmed today, Jasen took the kids to the barber shop with him. When they went to get Davis' haircut last weekend, the barber made the kids balloon animals, so it's a favorite stop now!
Tomorrow, we're going to try another church, a good ole Southern Baptist church. We'll see how we like it. The first one we visited is still on our list; it's a non-denominational church, Crosstowne Christian. We'll definitely go back there before we make our final decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment