Weekends are always hardest when Jasen is gone. I don't know if it's because that is usually when I get the most help from him, or it's the lack of activities or if it's just the lack of companionship. But I always miss him the most on weekends.
We had a good week. I think we're all still getting over the trip. I have just been exhausted. The kids have both slept late this week or later than usual. I am glad it's not just me!!
Davis has developed blisters on his hands. I am not positive what it is, but I am suspect hand-foot-mouth disease. Grace had it while we were in Germany, along with almost all of the kids in the nursery at our chapel there. Anyway, Davis only has the blisters on his hands, which is unusual. I called our nurse advice line today and the nurse suspected HFM, too, so we'll be staying home from church tomorrow. Davis is drooling so much right now, I am afraid he'd give it to everyone!! One other funny thing about these blisters, they are almost exclusively where he was bitten by ants while we were in Texas. We'll be going to the doctor on Monday, I hope.
Grace will be going to church tomorrow with our friend, Theresa. She works in the nursery at our church, at PWOC and also keeps the kids for me on occasion. I asked Grace if she'd rather stay home with Davis and me or if she wanted to go and she wants to go. Hard to believe we haven't been there in four weeks. I feel guilty about not going, but I know it's best for all the other little kids. And Grace will go, so that's good.
We were able to webcam with Jasen some this week. Night before last, he got up in the middle of the night to see us all and try to talk. During "normal" hours (like 7 pm to 2 am, his time) the internet is clogged and there's a huge delay for us to try to talk. So he got up in the middle of the night to talk to us. He was able to watch me feed Davis, talk to Grace, then talk to me. It was a good time. Today, we webcammed, but didn't talk. He was able to watch the kids play and I think that was good for him. Just to be able to see us makes a difference, right Jasen? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment