Monday, April 02, 2007

Davis' hands

Did you know an ant bite could get infected? Well, neither did I, but that's what the doctor says happened with the blisters on Davis' hands. I knew it was something related to the ant bites Davis received in Texas, since the blisters were popping up in the exact spots the bites had been. Davis' pediatrician said some kind of infection got into those little bites, something that was just on his skin. Because the blisters are already clearing up, the doctor said we would let them go away on their own, which they appear to be doing.

We had a gorgeous day out today. Highs in the 80s. The wind was terrible, but that is a given anymore. We went for a walk then played out back in the trees just over the ridge behind our house. It's perfect back there for playing. Grace and the two neighbor girls play in the trees and dirt, and us moms can sit in the shade with a breeze. It's fabulous.

Davis has been showing our neighbors his little temper. If I take something away from him, he screams and says "MOMMA!!!" Katie and Tara, the other mothers that sit out with us, thought it was precious that Davis said "Mama." Of course, when he screams it in anger, I don't see it as such a positive. He's talking more and more, trying to say words. He loves to point to the ceiling, whether a light or fan and try to say it. He's still singing if I ask him to. And today, I was whistling in the car and he puckered up his lips and blew. It was so precious.

Grace is such the tomboy. She loves to climb trees and dig in the dirt. And yet, when we come inside, she's playing wedding. I think she's the perfect combination of girly girl and tomboy. Last night, she decided she needed her nails painted so we had to do that before bed. We're having some "Alpha female" problems; the immediate next-door neighbor girl (Marisa) is very much the first born girl, like Grace, and thinks things should be her way, just like Grace does. So I am trying to work with Grace on that.

We were able to webcam and talk with Jasen today. It's always nice when we are able to see and hear him. He looked good. He doesn't look like my Jasen; that no hair thing is hard for me. I guess it's hard to imagine that my vain man would be without hair!!!

No comments: