Yesterday, we had a great day. After Grace got out of school, we grabbed some McDonald's and took it to a park to eat and play. Then, after nap, we got out for a walk and played some more outside. We did all that because I knew what was being forecasted for this area. Sure enough, we woke up this morning to no electricity (due to wind) and an inch or two of wet, nasty, blowing snow. UGH!!! Have I mentioned that, although I like winter, I am sick of it??
So I got up at 6, because Davis was already talking, and went out and shoveled the drive and sidewalk. I think by the time winter rolls around again, I'll be OVER the shoveling! Anyway, after that, the electricity came on for about 30 minutes, long enough for me to make Davis' oatmeal. Then off again, then on again.
Grace had a fun day at school. They've been discussing outer space. The parents were invited to come to school early to pick the kids up and we were treated to a fun time in Mrs. Peggy's space station. It's amazing what you can do with trash bags and a fan! Grace's favorite planet is Pluto, because she knows "there's a dog named that." I haven't had the heart to tell her scientists have decommissioned Pluto as a planet!
We talked to Jasen for a few minutes today. He sounded good, but is already tiring of not having any privacy. He's getting along just fine with his roomie (his first sergeant), but there's just no privacy. I can't imagine living and working with someone all the time.
Davis is walking everywhere now. For the first few days, he didn't want to walk on the hard surfaces, but now, he's doing it all the time. So much so that he's cracked his head on the hard floor more than once. But he's a big boy and lets me hold him for a minute, then he jumps back up to get back after it.
I can't tell you guys what a joy watching Grace's and Davis' relationship is to me. Those two love each other so much. He'll just hug on her and she lets me. I never thought much about how they would interact when Davis was little; it's such a blessing for them to be so crazy about each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment