We were able to webcam with Jasen today. It was such a thrill. Of course, there were technical difficulties, but it was great to see him and talk to him. I did it first, without the kids and, although we were only able to talk after about 20 minutes online, it was great to see Jasen. Davis woke up in the middle of our initial webcam meeting and was able to see his dad. He smiled so big! Then, Jasen was able to watch Davis roll of the couch while I went to get wipes. I am sure he wanted to call the authorities on his wife!!
I went and picked Grace up from school (it was in the afternoon today), and she was then able to see her dad, too. The first thing she said to him was "You have no hair!" It was so funny. I don't know what Jasen thought about that, but he put his Aggie cap on after that. Grace talked so fast and mumbly that Jasen didn't get half of what she was saying, but we'll work on that. Davis was trying to touch the computer nearly the whole time, so using the webcam with the kids was less than optimal. But we'll get into a routine on the whole thing.
I don't know why, but I am absolutely exhausted today. I really have just hit a brick wall as far as energy. I think a lot of it has to do with sleeping in the same room as Davis. When he's in another room, I don't hear him the numerous times he awakens in the night. Now that we're home, I can go back to being oblivious to his night wakefulness!
I know, I know, where are pictures?? I promise soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment