Thursday, March 22, 2007

...in Texas!!

Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged. We're in Texas, which means I spend little time on the computer. This update probably won't be very long, but it will give you a sense of what we've been doing here.

We got to my sister, Katie's house in Lewisville last Thursday. We spent time there with her, my sister, Amy, and her kids. We had a good time. We also got to see my sister, Angie, my dad, and our dear friend, Connie. We were eaten up with college basketball. We still are. I am watching the Aggie game tonight at my dad's and I am hoping we'll be able to watch it together. I am used to watching them alone and this team makes my dad nervous, so we'll see!

Speaking of my dad, Grace is with him right now, spending some time with him on his land around Proctor. Of course, today is the day it finally rained in Texas. UGH!! But I bet Grace is having a great time on the golf cart and walking in the rain.

I told Grace that being in Texas always reminds me of her dad and she asked why. I didn't realize Grace didn't know that Jasen and I have history here!! So I was able to take her to look at the church we were married in. I took pictures and will post those when I get home.

Yesterday, we went to Breckenridge to see the great-grandparents. The kids love all the extra attention they get while we are in Texas. And they love to play with the kids at Grandmama's/Janama's house. Grace has been able to eat at McDonald's twice, which is a highlight. Grandparents are good for those eating places!

Last night, I went to Granbury and played a basketball game in a league my friend, Jennifer, is in. It was a blast! There's a group of ladies that play at Fort Riley on Wednesday mornings and I plan on joining them. After the game, I went back to the Karnes' house, where I ate their leftovers and watched Lost with them. Being with Jen and Jason makes me feel closer to my Jasen, as we're all good couple friends. And it's cool knowing they miss my Jasen, too, that it's not normal for him to be with us.

Jasen is doing okay. Our brigade has lost some soldiers this week and had some injuries. That makes for trying times for everyone. And Jasen is remembering what it is like not to have any privacy, not to be able to get away from the people he works with because he lives with them and vice versa. So say a special prayer for him. He did get our old laptop and the webcam, so when the kids and I get home, we'll be able to see him. Yea!!!

No comments: