Davis woke up this morning with a fever and congested nose. He's had the congestion for awhile and I've been unsure if it's allergies or a cold. I am not any closer to knowing what it is. His ears did have a lot of wax coming out of them, but I don't know if that is an indication of an infection. I had an FRG meeting today and because I am the leader, I had to be there. Thankfully, I had our babysitter, Jayme, in line to come watch the kids. Well, she called me during the meeting because Davis had been crying the whole time since I left. She wondered if she could give him some medicine. When I got home, Davis finally fell asleep in my arms for a little while. I am prepared for a long night tonight.
Grace woke up early (6'ish) with a congested nose and slight cough, too. I doped her up with some Sudafed and she took a rare morning nap. What do people do who have children that don't nap? Anyway, she seemed better by this afternoon, when we were able to go out and play with our neighbors, the Kazors.
We were saddened yesterday to find out that Jasen's Aunt Kelly's husband, Cavanaugh, passed away. Kelly and Cavanaugh had only been married for just over two years. They were very happy together and we are so sad for Kelly and her (and Cavanaugh's) boys. Please say a prayer for them.
Jasen received a "Atta boy" today that he knows nothing about. Yesterday, Nolly Gibbs, the brigade commander's wife, and I went to breakfast. First off, she has been such a great mentor to me. She is so helpful to me in the FRG role and also encourages me not to let it take over my life. Believe me, the FRG leader role could be a full-time job. Anyway, this morning, Nolly talked to Col. Gibbs and told him to tell Jasen that we had spent time together and that I am doing well. She said Col. Gibbs then said he didn't know what he'd do without Jasen. He said Jasen was so professional, competent and unflappable in his job. I knew all of that already, but what a compliment. I guarantee Col. Gibbs hasn't told Jasen that himself, so I'll tell the world for him!
Wednesday, we head out of here. I can't wait!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment