Some random things overheard in the Graham house today:
"Mom, you need to watch more Diego," says Grace when I can't tell her whether the whale on Finding Nemo is an Orca or a humpback. Um, thanks, but no thanks!
"I need to go to fweep," says Davis after a fun time at school with Mrs. "Wester" a.k.a. Mrs. Lester.
"I wuv you," says Davis while Grace kisses his hand after school.
Jasen is gone this week to Virginia to be certified to teach cadets. Funny, he's already been doing that! Let's hope he passes the certification process! The time he has been gone has been much better than the last time he left. I think it's because #1 he's not in Texas whooping it up with our family and friends #2 I am not cooped up with both kids alone all day and #3 we actually know some people!
I went to volunteer at Grace's school for the first time today. Every other Thursday, I am going to go in and check the kids on their vocabulary words. It's awesome because I do it while Mrs. Branch leads them in other activities, which means I get to be a fly on the wall. I can't tell you all how much I love Mrs. Branch. On days that the kids don't have P.E., she makes sure they get a walk after lunch and they also do some things in class, like running in place while spelling words, jumping up and down, etc. I just think it's awesome. She's one of the teachers at school who is on the "Healthy School" committee. I am proud to say that Grace's school, Drayton Hall, just got the South Carolina "Healthy School" award. Pretty awesome, huh?
Oh, and remember the girl who was mean to Grace? I got to spend some one-on-one time with her today. Something inside me tells me she needs prayer. So I am going to pray for Miss Skyler. As long as she's nice to my girl.... Just kidding!
Tomorrow is the Grandparent Day celebration for Grace's class. I think I will probably cry. Our friend, Barbara Chapman is going to go with us, which is good. Grace will have someone special there. But Grace sang to me some of one of the songs they will sing tomorrow and it was all about what our grandparents do for us. I wish one of her grandparents were going to be there!! Oh well. It's times like these that I have to remind myself that the Army has opened up the world to me and our kids. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of time with our extended family. Then I have to remind myself that we make up for the lost time whenever we get to see our extended family!
Please continue to pray for people in Houston. My sister, Amy, and her family in Kingwood are still without power and, last I knew, they had not seen one single truck out in their neighborhood. Pray for restored power!
1 comment:
i can't believe so many people are still without power. most of my friends got theirs restored in the last couple of days...still a few that are waiting though. i thank God every day that we moved at the RIGHT time! Still praying for your sis.
Post a Comment