So, at this point, we are NOT evacuating for Hanna. It's only a tropical storm right now and they are predicting it won't make a direct hit on Charleston. We talked to our friends, the Chapmans, tonight and Barbara said they are staying, too. But, she said if Ike continues on his track and is a category 3 hurricane or higher, they will leave. I told her we would too!! I asked her where they would go and, depending on Ike's path, either Atlanta or NW North Carolina. We'll probably follow their path. They were here for Hugo, which was a category 4 and Barbara said she wouldn't do that again.
As far as preparations at Casa Graham go, we are stocked up on food. You know I wouldn't let us starve! I don't know if I've gotten the right stuff, but most of it is non-perishable and we've got plenty of water. If it gets bad, I'll fill the tubs with water for baths/flushing toilets, etc.
Grace is starting to get anxious. School has been closed down for tomorrow and I think that doesn't help. She's not freaking out or anything, just anxious. It'll be fine. We told her that we'd have a hurricane party!
2 comments:
We're praying for your safety and that you have fun with the Hurricane Party!
hope all is well on the home front...thinking about y'all!
Post a Comment