Davis gets a little fill-in grandparent time with Barbara Chapman
Grace Magnolia Graham and Grace Elizabeth Graham. Two Grace Grahams!!
Grace and her new best friend, Brianna, who is so precious. And her mom is from Texas!!!
Grace shows her journal to Mrs. Chapman
Grace and Mrs. Branch read about why she loves her grandparents.
Today was the Grandparents Day celebration at Grace's school. Our friend, Barbara was able to go with us. When Grace woke up, sat straight up in bed, and said "Today is Grandparent's Day. Mrs. Chapman can be my fake grandparent!" I told her that "fake" grandparent wasn't exactly right; we decided to go with "fill in." That girl!
We got there a few minutes late, but that was okay. We missed them singing the grandparent song, but I was kind of glad because I would have cried because neither of Grace's grandparents who really fit the song were there.
We were there when Mrs. Branch called the kids up to read about why they love their grandparents. Most kids said the canned stuff, you know, I love them because they love me. I love them because they are nice to me. Grace? Nothing canned with that girl. She said she loves her grandparents because they "take her to the store and buy her whatever she wants." Oh, the mortification!!!!! All the other parents/grandparents laughed and laughed; I wanted to find a hole and crawl in! Then I took heart that at least she didn't say I bought her whatever she wanted!
Have I mentioned that I love Mrs. Branch? Oh, I really, really do.
1 comment:
haha her story cracks me up!
it must be a relief to love her teacher so much. ;-)
Post a Comment