Our first endeavor with a tropical storm was pretty mild. When I got out to go to the gym yesterday, the wind was blowing significantly and we had "spitting" rain, which is weird because usually when it rains down here, it rains. No mist. Anyway, those were the outer bands beginning to come ashore.
By three o'clock, it started raining steadily and continued all night long, with only a few minutes pause in between. Because of the trees behind our house, you can't really hear or feel the wind, but the upper limbs were blowing. Sometime after 10 (that's when I went to bed), Grace got up and told Jasen she was scared. In order to prevent her from waking me, Jasen slept with her. He said he didn't really hear anything, but Grace says the rain was really hard on her windows.
Being the sleeper that I am, I heard nothing!!
Our hurricane party wasn't much of one, either. We did nothing special and had no special movies to watch because the library was closed due to the weather. Darn! Oh well, today I will go get our movies that I have on hold. We did eat tacos, guacamole, chips, and hot sauce last night. Yum!!
We are saying of prayers of thanks that it looks like Ike won't be coming this way. And we are saying prayers of protection for whoever gets hit by that nasty one. We are glad that Hanna wasn't bad, but we did do some good preparation. We now have lots of bottled water and snacks. And we can fit both cars in the garage.
No comments:
Post a Comment