Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hurricane Prep

Yes, we are getting prepared for Hurricane Hanna. Of course, she's not a hurricane right now, but they are predicting she'll become one. I have heard and read in the paper how Charlestonians get sick of the media going ape when there appears to be a storm coming. I can attest that people are antsy down here. Not the natives, I guess, but everyone else. The Charleston schools canceled all after school activities for today (Wednesday) and will decide by noon today whether school will be canceled for the rest of the week. The Citadel already has all the cadets turning in their weapons and secure items.

Jasen and I talked last night and decided that we would stay put. Where would we go anyway? I told Jennifer Karnes today, we'd just head inland to a hotel and probably the storm would follow whichever way we went! So, I went to Wal-Mart today to get water and "rations." Never thought I'd say that! We have enough peanut butter, bread, applesauce, etc. to last us at least a few days. Oh, and plenty of batteries. Will they power the TV when we are in day, oh, two or three, and the kids are driving us crazy?? ha!

I will blog later about Davis' first day of school and Grace's open house last night. Two blogs in one day, I guess.

1 comment:

MaiSie53 said...

So, are you going to do a comparison between tornado prep and hurricane prep? Or will you wait and see how it all plays out?