Monday, April 30, 2007

Just another day

Yes, today was just another day. Grace had school this morning. They were talking about farm animals. How sad is this: they were supposed to bring a "farm toy" to share and, aside from stuffed animals, we couldn't think of one to take! She ended up taking a pig mask that she made yesterday at church, when they discussed the prodigal son! Oh well, there was only one other kid that brought anything!

After taking Grace to school, Davis and I went to a chapel here on post. I had a PWOC board meeting; next year, I'll be the inreach chairperson. I am excited about it. A lot of what I'll do is just try to foster relationships between the members of PWOC. I have some ideas and so does our incoming president.

There for a little while, Davis had been very clingy when I tried to leave him anywhere. These days, he just goes to whoever is there! It's funny to watch those changes in your kid. When the clinginess is happening, you don't think it will ever end. Then one day, you realize they aren't clinging to you anymore and you can't remember when it stopped. I am thankful, though!

Davis is trying harder and harder to talk. He can't say words clearly, but he mimics the amount of syllables. When I say "Da-vis," he'll say something like "Da-ya." It's too cute when you can tell that they are trying to say things you are. Today, he tried to say Daddy for Jasen. It was sweet.

We were able to webcam with Jasen today. He was tired and the kids were nuts. But he seemed to be doing okay. After hearing how deadly things were in Iraq this weekend, I was almost afraid to hear from him, but there were only some injuries, no deaths.

No comments: