Man, we have had two gorgeous days in a row! We have needed the sunshine so very much. I think the down feeling most of the wives were having last week was a combination of the extension announcement and the weather. Anyway, yesterday was perfect, today was too windy, but warm and sunny, so we were able to get outside. We are really missing our neighbors, the Kazors who have gone to Arkansas for the rest of the week. I'm not much of a playmate for Grace.
We had a fun time today planting flowers. We planted petunias out in front, under our tree. I got some geraniums for large pots in the front and back. I created a new flower bed out back, right up next to the house. No grass would grow there and I am sick of the kids digging there. So I am going to plant some creeping Phlox there. That's a new plant for me, but it's a perennial so it will be there for awhile!
Things around our house have really changed since Jasen left. I've rearranged almost all of the pictures on the walls, put up curtains on the back window in our living room (yes it's taken over 18 months!!), bought new bedding for our room, purchased a new washer. when Jasen isn't around, I get busy, I guess. We had to have a new washer because our old one wouldn't spin on the spin and rinse cycles. The water was being sucked out, but it wasn't spinning the clothes. now, I could go in there and trigger it on every cycle, but I had to do it twice every cycle. We'd already had the transmission replaced (under warranty by just a month) and our repairman (the Junction City mayor) said that we might as well get a new one, because he could try to fix the problem but there was no guarantee he could fix the problem and we'd probably spend in his labor fees about half the cost of a new washer. So I just bit the bullet and bought a new one.
Don't worry, Jasen knows about all of these changes!!
The kids are doing well. Davis had new spots today, but less than he'd been having. We still have that appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow morning (bright and early, at 8:30), so we'll go ahead to that. Davis also had a low grade fever again today. UGH! Better just go to the doctor.
Grace is doing just fine. Because I had an eye doctor's appointment today, Davis went to the sitter's house. So after Grace got out of school, we joined some of her school pals at South Park and had a picnic. It was windy, but we had a good time. And Grace had a good time planting the flowers today. You don't realize how those kinds of things (planting flowers, eating together outside, making a cake) really make an impression on kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment