I got a couple of pieces of good news today. First off, my grandma had her hip replacement today. Everything went really well. In fact, I talked to her just a few hours after she was out of surgery. She said she was having very little pain and felt pretty good. The surgeon told my mom that my grandmother's hip joint had deterioriated so much that it nearly perforated her pelvis. Now, I don't know exactly what that means, but I do know it means she had been in a lot of pain and that this replacement couldn't have waited much longer.
Now that she's out of surgery, we'll see how she does. If she needs help or if I can't stand not to be there, there's talk of me taking the kids to Stephenville and I'll go to Lubbock to be with her. Mom can't take too much time off of work, but she could keep my kids for me, which is why I haven't gone to Lubbock by now. So it sounds like a good trade.
The other good news is that my baby sister, Angie, has been accepted to do a summer internship in Washington D.C. Isn't that exciting?? She'll work in Rep. Joe Barton's office; he's a Republican from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. A lot of this stems from Angie's winning that national documentary contest through C-SPAN. We are so proud of her!!
I talked to Jasen today for just a few minutes. They are on another communication blackout because of more casualties. The last time Jasen deployed, his battalion lost six soldiers the whole year. At this rate, three battalions in Jasen's brigade are on pace to break that number in less than three months. That is very scary. It makes me more thankful than ever that Jasen does not have to be outside of the FOB.
Davis still has face spots and possibly a very fine rash on the rest of his body. We'll see if it's still there in the morning. If it is, we'll see about going back to the doctor. Grace is doing fine. We went on a picnic after school with her buddies to a local park then this afternoon, we played outside with the neighbor girls. So it's been a good day around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment