In the last two days, I've seen some real milestones from our girl. Last night, shortly after I turned off the TV to go to bed, Grace came into our room, complaining of an upset stomach. After a few minutes in the bathroom, she finally threw up. Now, that might not seem like a milestone, but for a mom who has spent some time cleaning vomit off of walls, carpets, floors, etc. it felt like a victory! I was so proud of Grace for coming in as soon as she woke up and felt sick. I think it shows some real maturity on her part!
Grace slept with me the rest of the night. When she was going to sleep, I had my hand on her shoulder. She told me, as she stroked my hand, that she was rubbing on my hand to let me know she felt okay. She's so precious. She woke up this morning, feeling fine and appears to be over whatever made her sick that one time last night.
The other milestone is significant! Yesterday, Grace started reading! We got out the Dr. Seuss "Hop on Pop" book to read before naptime. As I waited for Grace to finish in the bathroom, I decided to let her try to read it by sounding out the words. She read almost ten whole pages!! Now, some of the words she quessed what they were according to the pictures below, but I'd say she sounded out at least two out of every three words. It was so exciting for me and she got more excited as I got more excited. I never considered how thrilling it would be to watch your child learn to read! I've been very careful to limit how much we do it and, if Grace gets frustrated, we quit. She's only four, no need to cause too much stress.
Parenting rocks!!
Someone remind me I said this, because I am sure I'll quit thinking it rocks in a few days!
Davis is doing fine, too. Today after PWOC and lunch, he was running around the kitchen, acting crazy. It was so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment