Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ordinary Day

We had an ordinary day here in Kansas. Grace had school where they learned about wild animals. They have a field trip next week to the nature center at Milford Lake, so they were looking at some animal pelts. Grace said they "tried on" animal skins. I am seriously hoping not!! She has two field trips next week; the one to the nature center, the other to see a production of "Where the Wild Things Are" in Abilene. I am going on both of them with her. I know we'll have a good time.

We webcamed (is that even a word?) with Jasen for just a few minutes today. He had some good news: he'll get his own room in the next few days. He's quite excited about that. I think the only thing worse than Jasen and his 1st SGT having the same hours is when they have different hours. Then someone is always rustling around when someone else is trying to sleep. Anyway, he's glad he'll have some privacy.

His brigade lost another soldier today. Again, I am so thankful he is not required to go anywhere.

Davis' spots seemed a little better today, but he had fever tonight when I laid him down for bed. It was low-grade so I am choosing not to worry about it. We've had a busy day and spent some time outside, so he might just have gotten overheated. We still have the follow-up with the dermatologist on Friday morning, so if the spots aren't completely gone, we're going to the doctor.

Davis has been mimicking our sounds a lot lately. He loves to try whistling. He also makes a barking sound when he sees a dog. Our little boy is growing up! He's so much fun.

No comments: