Before I forget, I have a funny Grace story for you. Yesterday, Grace wore her red boots to church. On the way, she said she wanted to take her socks off. Jasen and I both told her wearing her boots without socks would be uncomfortable. Jasen told her she might even get a blister. She matter of factly told him "Dad, you only get blisters from boots when you road march." Only an Army kid would say that!
So Jasen was home to go to church yesterday and small group meeting last night. He's feeling very anxious right now: about his changes of command, the changes to their training, and possible deployment. Most units that go to NTC (where he's going in late October) deploy withing a few months of training there. We have no definite word and I am trying not to worry about it. Jasen is really feeling uptight about the possibility. You might say a prayer for him.
Davis is trying to crawl! He's getting up on all fours now and rocks back and forth. He loves to get on his belly from the sitting position, but can't get back up. It's a little annoying to all of us. He just shrieks until one of us gets him off of his belly.
I am going to take Grace to the doctor tomorrow. Our Sunday school teacher is also the head nurse at our clinic. I was telling him about Grace's fever issues yesterday. This morning, he called and made sure he understood what her problems seem to be. He talked to one of the doctors and then called me back. He even gave me my choice of appointments. That's unheard of from a military facility! It's nice to have such good care!! But it makes me sad that we had to know someone from elsewhere to feel like we matter. Anyway, hopefully we'll get an answer about Grace's fever. I am also going to ask about allergy testing.
Today, Grace is going to the afternoon preschool class. On days that there is something special going on, her class will combine with one of the others. This afternoon, they are hosting a Junction City police officer. She's very excited. We're making some brownies for him to take back to the station.
Oh, the gourmet dinner party was a blast! Julie and I had a really nice time. One of the other couples goes to our church, so we knew someone else there. We had such a nice meal. First time I'd ever had lamb and it was very good.
I have struck gold with our current babysitter. She watched Davis once for me this past spring, but spent the summer working at a Christian camp, so I hadn't used her since. She did a great job with the kids, complained I was paying her too much, even cleaned up the kitchen. Jayme will be back, for sure!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment