Well, today was another day. It's amazing how mundane life can feel when Jasen isn't here with me. Grace woke up with a slight fever. She had no other indications and it went down as soon as I gave her Tylenol. So I went ahead and sent her to school. Besides, if she gets anyone else sick, it's only two other little kids! ha! On a happy note, Mrs. Peggy told us that she's going to leave the class the way it is indefinitely. I think she's really enjoying having just three kids to corral. Grace loves it because she gets some really good one-on-one play time with Mrs. Peggy.
Oh, a cute thing: Grace can sing the "Big Red One" song. It's absolutely precious. I am a proud Army wife!
Davis has started throwing some real fits. I've just let him roll around on the floor when he does it. He loves to hit his highchair tray when he wants more Cheerios. Then he hits the table when I get up. It's quite annoying.
I've joined the Gourmet Dinner Club through the wives' club. We have our first dinner on Saturday night, so Jasen won't be there. Darn it. My friend, Julie is going with me. She needs a night out, just like I do! I have to make two frou-frou dishes to share so it will be interesting, getting the kids ready for a sitter, getting myself ready (and staying clean until time to go!) and making Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Herbs and Bacon-Wrapped Dates.
Davis and I went to church tonight. I've been anxious about it because he usually is in bed at 7:30, but he did okay in the nursery. Theresa, one of the child care workers who also works for me on the side (some things never change!), gave him his bottle and kept him happy until I returned. The class I am doing is about the priniciples of discipline from James Dobson. I really value his child-rearing ideas. I was reminded the best thing I can do is clearly define the boundaries for my kids and follow through on them. I need to be better about defining the boundaries!
No comments:
Post a Comment