Jasen's home from the field for a few hours. Because half of his unit is out in the field and half have come in, Jasen and the first sergeant are taking turns coming in for awhile. Jasen has to be out there when they are firing live rounds, which is at night. So he'll be here until mid-afternoon today, go to the field for the night, then do the same thing tomorrow. We're glad to see him!
Yesterday, Grace woke up with a fever and terribly swollen eyes. I asked her if anything hurt (ears, throat, face, etc.) and she didn't complain of anything. I gave her some decongestant and acetaminophen, which helped her a lot. I am afraid she would really benefit from some allergy testing. I think shots would be bad for her right now, but she's taking Zyrtec everyday and still wakes up with "allergy shiners." We'll just keep taking it and see what happens.
One thing she said the other day was that she was going to have a son and name him Jasen Davis Eelin. Eelin is her made-up name right now. If we play anything with her, Eelin is the name she gives us. This morning, on the way home from a nice breakfast at Panera Bread, she said "Maybe Mom and Dad will give us another baby, Davis." Jasen and I looked at each other and told her, only slightly nicer than this: "NO WAY!" She put her pouty face on and said "Maybe God will give us another one." Jasen and I both agreed it would have to God's doing because we are not interested!
Davis woke up extremely unhappy today. I am not sure why, but he just cried and cried. He is cutting more teeth so I'll attribute it to that. He loves to stand up these days. I put him on his feet and he can balance for a short time. He loves holding onto the coffee table, but can't do it for very long. He pulled his legs up underneath himself the other day, but was not really interested in going forward.
Jasen told me there is a chance he'll be able to go to the A&M game. His battalion commander is trying to make sure they come in from the field that Friday instead of Saturday. We'll hope for the best. It looks like Jasen will be relinquishing command sometime between October 2nd and November 2nd. He thinks they'll probably both take place the last week of October. He doesn't think they'll have much hoopla surrounding either event. We are both a little relieved but a little sad.
Jasen will be training at NTC November 2 through November 17. Of course, there will be some travel time on either side. I am hoping he'll be home for Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment