We had a really nice visit with my uncle Tommy and aunt Pattie. They arrived here on Friday afternoon. They arrived bearing too many gifts!! Aunt Pattie and Grace had a great time and Davis was enthralled with his Uncle Tommy! We took them to Jasen's favorite restaurant, Little Apple Brewery, on Friday night, then Saturday morning, we went to Jasen's office and around Fort Riley. They left on Saturday after lunch. When they were leaving, Grace got quite choked up. After the kids went down for their nap, I told Jasen I always feel really far from home when someone leaves us up here.
Saturday evening, we went to a birthday party. The Ewings, Mary, J.R., Bethany, and Alicia, were in Bamberg when we were. I played Bunco with Mary, Alicia and Bethany babysat Grace, and Jasen kind of worked with J.R. when we were in Germany. It was great to see them and reminisce. They miss our community in Germany as much as we do. We also got to meet some of J.R.'s family and Alicia's friends. I love big Catholic families: I don't think I held Davis but a few minutes the whole night. It was great to be with old friends. We'll be seeing more of them, I am sure!
Davis was not very nice to his dad this evening. Grace went with me to the small group facilitator's training at church and the guys stayed home. Evidently, Davis cried and screamed the whole time we were gone. I feel bad because once we got home, Davis settled down.
Jasen heads to the field tomorrow for about 9 days. He'll be able to come home once during that time, but just for a little bit. We're going to miss him!
No comments:
Post a Comment