Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sinus infection

Yes, that's what Grace has: a sinus infection. She woke up today with more swelling in her eyes and fever. I was glad they were both still there when we went to the doctor. We saw a physician's assistant, which upset me as I wanted to see a doctor, but oh well. She's on antibiotics and Dimetapp. Evidently, giving her Zyrtec was not the thing to do. Instead of draining the congestion out, I was trying to dry it up. Because it couldn't drain out, it got infected. We'll see how this goes.

Davis is doing so well. Man, he wants to crawl so bad, but won't move those knees once he gets up on them. He spit up quite a bit today, which concerns me. Every time I think we're over that, he does it again. It's quite frustrating. Along those same lines, I'll be renting a carpet cleaner soon. We've got spots all over from his eruptions.

Okay, here are the "final" dates for Jasen's changes of command. I don't think they'll change, but you never know. He'll give up command of Alpha battery on October 23rd at 1:30 p.m. He'll take command of HHC on October 25th at 3:00 p.m. Again, we hope some of you can make it but know that the times are not great. The times are really bad for our kids; that's nap time for both. I don't know what I am going to do. Davis will be a pickle the whole time, I am sure, and I would be so upset if I had to get up with him during the ceremony. I am hoping one of our friends from church will be there to help me! And Grace will miss a field trip to go to the second ceremony. Hopefully, she'll be excited to sing the Big Red One song at an official ceremony.

Our schedule is just busy, busy, busy the next few weeks. This weekend is the Fort Riley Open House, and Jasen's battalion is doing a fundraiser food booth. That means we'll both have to work it, I'll be making kebabs and baked goods, hosting a sign making party, etc. Then our church small group begins meeting on Sunday. We are excited about this new group! My mom will be up the next weekend, too. So many things to do!

No comments: