Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vacation continues

Jasen is still off and it's funny how it feels like a vacation for the whole family when he's home. I guess Grace and I have finally gotten used to him being around more. It's only taken us a year plus!! But the idea of him going back to work makes Jasen's girls very sad. I wish there was something he could do where he could go to work when he wanted, but be home with us when he wanted! Does that exist? He's playing golf right now with some friends from church.

Grace did well at her first swim lesson yesterday. They learned nothing new. To my chagrin, most of the half hour lesson was eaten up with kids coming in late. UGH!! Ellin Heidgerken, daughter of our friends, Sean and Chris, is in Grace's class and is in her small group, too. The 'Gerks, as they are lovingly called by our OCS/OBC crowd, will be leaving on the 23rd. Chris, Ellin, and Natalie leave to go to Iowa. Sean must stay longer to continue to help the general to whom he is the aide, then they'll all head to Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

Davis has been a challenge for me the last few days. I know I mentioned he's been fussy; that's hard when you are used to an extremely easygoing baby. I think it's a combination of many factors: getting off schedule due to vacation, teething, gas, too much riding in the car, growth spurt, etc. I am pretty sure he's going through a growth spurt. At dinner time, he usually goes through two and a half baby food containers, which is a lot of food, I think, for a six month old. Because he started waking at 4:30 the preceeding nights, we added a 10:00 feeding, giving him 6 oz. of formula. That helped because this morning, he didn't scream for me until 6:00. He's also not napping as well. Hopefully, this will pass. Even if it doesn't, Davis is still an exceptional baby. I've been really, really blessed as far as babies go.

Not much else going on around here. Jasen and I worked on getting our garage organized. We just have so much junk!!! And our laundry room has continued to be a junk attraction, too. So we'll work through that today. Fun times for Jasen's vacation, huh?

No comments: