Monday, July 24, 2006

Going, going, going

We returned last night from a family reunion in Guthrie, Oklahoma. It was the first annual Wilson-Hillhouse (or is it Hilson-Willhouse??) reunion. That is my mom's mom's side of the family. We are a pretty small group, but that made it nice. My grandmother is the oldest and gave us a lot of history about her grandparents and parents. Then we all shared stories about each other and some of the family who are deceased, like my great-aunt and my mom's brother. It was just my mom's family and her cousin, Dana's family there. Again, a small group, but that makes for a lot of together time, which I think we all enjoyed.

Grace had a complete meltdown when we left. She didn't want to leave her grandmama, or anyone else, for that matter. She cried and cried and cried. It was precious and pitiful. I asked her what her favorite part of the weekend was and she replied "All of it. Except leaving." She hates goodbyes, too! She keeps asking when we are going to see everyone again. She loves her cousin, Joe, and the good news about that is he lives in KC. So we will see him again soon.

When we got back into Junction City last night, we were behind a convertible. Grace pointed to it and said "When I am teenager, I am going to have a car like that. One without a top." I died laughing. I told her she'd better get a good job. Jasen said "Well, if you'll be sweet, your daddy will help you get one." GAG!! I think he was still happy because when we were leaving Guthrie, Grace fell and skinned her knee. I picked her up and told her she could have anyone of the group (all the family was there) kiss her knee. I asked her who she wanted and she cried, "Daddy!!" He was thrilled!

Davis is running a fever today. He wasn't horribly fussy this weekend, but more so than usual. I am pretty sure he has a tooth coming in. That would be par for the course, since the kids and I are leaving on Wednesday for Houston. Yes, we will have two short days at home, then we'll be gone again. My cousin, Jeremy, is getting married in Galveston. So we're making a mini-vacation out of it, going to stay with my sister, Amy, and her family for about a week. It will be a fun time, no doubt!

No comments: