We've been having a good week! Not a lot to report, but we've just been having a nice time. Since most of his soldiers are still on block leave, Jasen has been home early every day this week. Yea! It's been so nice just to have him here a couple of hours early. Next week, it's back to the normal long days and I don't look forward to that. We really enjoy being at home, the four of us, together.
Grace and I got our haircut today. We both opted for chin length 'dos. I've been going back and forth about my hair and Grace came and said she wanted her hair cut shorter, too. I had a real struggle about whether to really cut her hair that length; I've gotten used to her hair being long and didn't really want to cut it. But when Grace asked to, I figured it's just hair, it will grow. It is absolutely precious. I'll try to post a picture later.
Last night, Grace's "special song" was all about not liking squash and really liking her medicine. You see, last week we grilled out some chicken, squash and zucchini. Well, Grace didn't want to eat either squash but we made her. About midnight that night, she threw up. She immediately told me it was the squash! Well, last night, she mentioned it in her song. Totally cracked us up. Imagine hand motions and a tiny, sweet voice singing "And I don't like squash...." Of course, before that, she mentioned loving Jesus and God. Those songs are so random!
She's had to take medicine the last few nights. I think it's all allergy related. She's had horrible coughing attacks when she first lays down. Of course, cough medicines don't seem to make a lick of difference. Antihistamines are working best. I just remember how it feels because I had the same problems growing up. I told Grace last night to sleep on her tummy and swallow to get rid of the tickle. She was glad to know I had had the same issues as a child. If she continues to have trouble, I'll have to resort to whiskey, like my parents did!! Shots for everyone! HA!
Davis is just Davis. He hasn't wanted to nap much in the afternoon, which is disappointing. It's awful when your four year old would sleep three hours and your baby only one! At least he sleeps at night! He's sitting up so well. I've got some pictures from him in the bathtub I'll try to post later.
No comments:
Post a Comment