I am writing to you guys from the lobby of the Embassy Suites in St. Louis, Missouri. Our family vacation is winding down. We arrived here yesterday evening, walked to the Gateway Arch, then came back for dinner and an early bedtime. The kids were in bed by 7:30. It was fabulous.
Anyway, when we went to the Arch yesterday, we didn't go up because we would have had to wait over an hour. We did go through the museum that is at the Arch (which is the Jefferson Expansion Memorial) and that was neat. There were mechanical "people" that Grace could listen to and she enjoyed that. We got her picture in front of a longhorn, with the appropriate hand signal pointing down! Then we saw a real teepee. You know, she has no problem with the idea that animals are used for their meat or skins.
Anyway, I thought the teepee would be her favorite part, but she looked over and saw a buffalo which just thrilled her. There is a buffalo farm between Manhattan and Fort Riley and we always point them out to her. I think she was excited to see one up close.
This morning, Davis decided to wake up at 5:30! That was fun because he was one unhappy baby. Screamed and cried until I nursed him. I don't know what the problem was, as he acted like his tummy hurt but I haven't eaten anything "suspect" for a few days. Oh well. Then he went back to sleep but the rest of us never did. Evidently, Jasen and Grace got our money's worth out of the free breakfast buffet while I got ready. Then Grace ate more with me when she joined me for the buffet! That girl must be growing!
Then we made our way back to the Arch. We all crammed into the tiny pods that take you up. They said it's like a combination elevator, tram, and amusement ride. I believe it!! It was hot and stuffy in that pod and really, really small, but I am glad I went up. I am a wee bit claustrophobic, for those of you who didn't know! Anyway, once at the top, We came back down on the next tram. I was afraid Jasen was leaving because of the kids, but he said all he really cared about was what the ride up was like. After that, he was done. I think Grace would have stayed longer, but I was glad we came down.
We ventured to the zoo after that. It's in a great part of St. Louis, Forest Park, which is gorgeous. It's got everything, zoo, golf, museums, you name it. The zoo was free, but was so nice! We were only there for about two and a half hours. Grace said she had had enough and that was enough for me!!! She told Jasen today, while she was riding on his shoulders, that she was really glad she had a dad to visit the zoo with. I am pretty sure that made Jasen's day! We headed back and put the babies down for a nap. Jasen's upstairs with them now. Let's hope their asleep!
We'll leave in the morning for home. I was wanting to stay in KC tomorrow night, but Jasen wants to go all the way home. There are lots of outlet shops between here and home so I am hoping for a little stop! We'll write more when we get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment