Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fishing and Swimming



As I write this, Jasen and Grace are at her swim lesson. I hope it's cooler in there today. The lessons are at the indoor pool on post and instead of the pool being heated, it's just the building heaters that are on. Yesterday, I thought I was going to die in there. I had Davis with me and he handled it like a champ. But he was sweating when we left. Of course, Grace's teeth were chattering!

It was a hot day in Kansas yesterday. Grace and the neighbor kids, Ashlee and Maddux, played on the Slip'n'Slide, while Davis sat in his pool. He was loving it!! He is sitting up now for extended periods and enjoys that, too. I can't remember if I mentioned that his second tooth has come through now. Last night, we gave him a carrot to gnaw and chew on.

The kids didn't sleep much last night. Grace was still awake at 9:30 when Davis woke up for his bottle. I think it's really hard on her to go to sleep when the sun is still shining in her room. Then, she was up at 1:15, Davis was awake at 3:45. We got them both back to bed at those times. Grace came to our bed again at 6, and Davis got his pacifier then, too. In some ways, I think Grace might be ready to give up her afternoon nap. Then we go a day without it and she's a terror. So I just don't know.

Anyway, after Jasen and Grace had breakfast this morning, they went fishing. Grace loves to go fishing with her dad and even has her own Barbie fishing pole. They are so cute leaving together! They didn't have much luck today, though. Last time, they caught three fish together. Today, they had lots of bites but not catches. Grace told me she thinks you only catch fish the first time you go. Oh, and she said someone was in their original spot and he caught two fish. You could tell she thought that man got fish that were meant for her and Jasen!

No comments: