Whew! We are back! You know, I think part of why I was so anxious for Jasen to return from Iraq was that I thought life would slow down. Hahaha! It for sure didn't slow down last week; it was faster than ever.
The kids and I had a good trip down to TX. They are such troopers in the car. I think they've resigned themselves that they might as well enjoy the car because they're going to spend a lot of time there! The trip back to Kansas seemed longer, but was definitely more enjoyable and easier because Jasen was with us. I am so glad my partner in crime is here with me now.
We were able to spend some good family time with both sides of Jasen's family while we were in Breckenridge. Prior to us arriving in B'ridge, Jasen had been staying with his grandad and worked very, very hard to get his house and yard looking presentable. Mr. Graham is notorious for getting junk in case he might need it. I won't go into all the details, but his house has been really out of control since Mrs. Graham had gone into the hospital. Jasen got the front yard and common areas of the house under control so that people had some place to visit when they stopped by.
The first night Jasen was in town, he got to spend some time visiting with his sister, Brittany, and his brother, Scott. It had been quite awhile since they had seen each other and I know Jasen really enjoyed his time with them. We've made a committment to each other (all the adult kids of Charlie, plus Jasen's aunt and uncle) that we'll stay in contact and really forge relationships with each other. Jasen and I are very excited about spending time with them all!
Mrs. Graham's funeral went well; I think she would have been pleased. Jasen's cousin, Andrew, who is quite vocally gifted, sang two solos and Jasen, his dad, and a former student of Mrs. Graham's (who's probably over 60) got up and said a little something about her. She is really, really going to be missed. But there is relief in knowing she is free of pain, free of fighting to stay alive, free from exhaustion. Mrs. Graham's home health nurse told us that Great-Gran had wanted to stay alive to see Jasen come home again, but it was not to be.
Now, we need to pray, pray, pray for Jasen's grandad. He is insisting on staying in B'ridge and continuing to drive. Yikes. Really, please pray for him and us as we all put our heads to figure out what to do about him.
I will post some pictures very very soon. It's good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment