Friday, April 18, 2008

Family of Four

We are having a good time together as a family of four! Jasen signed back into work on Wednesday, but doesn't have to do anything until Monday. So we've all enjoyed our time together! Grace had the day off from school on Monday, the day after Jasen returned, so she had some downtime with him, too. She went back to school on Tuesday, which I think was good. She was almost too excited about Dad being home, talking incessantly, jumping all around!

Jasen has spent time playing cars with Davis, lots of time. I don't know who has enjoyed it more! Grace got into the game this morning before school. She played a little rougher with the cars than the boys usually do! It was too funny; Jasen and Davis were watching her crash the cars and send them over the edge. A little shocking that the girl was playing rougher than the boys!

Let's see, what else? Jasen talked to his grandad and aunt last night. I haven't blogged about this, but Jasen's grandad went to Lubbock with his Aunt Ann and her family on Wednesday. They are going back to Abilene today, where Mrs. Graham will be put on hospice care and the respirator will be turned off. They do not expect Grandmother to live very long. They've already discussed where the funeral will be (Breckenridge) and burial (Adamsville, near Lampasas). Once we get the call that she has died and when the funeral will be, we'll decide when we are going to TX. It's tricky now that Grace is in school and Jasen has some reintegration stuff to do with work. Sadly, we still have a schedule we need to stick to; those plane tickets to Charleston have already been purchased and we've told everyone that we will be in TX the week prior to and the weekend of Memorial Day!

Typing that last paragraph made me think about how this blog was really started because Great-Gran, a.k.a. Grandmother, a.k.a. Mrs. Graham wanted to be informed about what was going on with us. Can you imagine that she was over 80 years old when she got her first computer and learned to use the Internet? And she learned to do that because she wanted to keep up with Grace, and later on, Davis. She was overjoyed when she got her first email with pictures from Germany. I'll never forget it because I never imagined someone her age would be that interested.

Jasen and I just spent the last few minutes talking about his grandmother. She was a blessing to us. I'll write more later about her. A little emotional right now!

No comments: